All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $26.95
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.48
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $10.66Trending at AU $16.51
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $28.12
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.62
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.36
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough other self-help books claim to reveal the path to happiness, F*ck Feelings warns that convincing yourself that there is such a path will actually lead you to feel like a true failure. What the Bennetts can promise you is that you can manage any situation life throws at you if you can keep your sense of humor, bend your wishes to fit reality, restrain your feelings, manage bad behavior, and do what you think is right. Life is hard. It's t fair. Our feelings cloud our rationality, and we become tangled in our efforts to achieve the impossible or change the unchangeable. In this groundbreaking, entirely sensible, and funny book, the Bennetts open the shrinks' secret solution manual and show you how to find a new kind of freedom by working toward realistic goals and doing the best with what you can control. They address the most common problems Dr. Bennett's patients bring to his private practice and give you a script for going forward. With -bullshit advice from a Harvard-educated shrink freed of all jargon and patronization by his smart-ass, comedy writer daughter, F*ck Feelings is the cut-to-the-chase therapy session you've been looking for. Contains mature themes.
- Author BiographyMichael I. Bennett, MD, educated at both Harvard College and Harvard Medical School, is a board-certified psychiatrist, Canadian, and Red Sox fan. He has been in private practice for almost thirty years. Sarah Bennett has written for magazines, the Internet, television, and books. She spent two years writing for a monthly sketch comedy show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York. She enjoys walking her dog and watching Red Sox games. Sarah lives in New Hampshire and works in New York. Patrick Lawlor has recorded over three hundred audiobooks in just about every genre. He has been an Audie Award finalist multiple times and has garnered several AudioFile Earphones Awards, a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award, and many Library Journal and Kirkus starred audio reviews.
- Author(s)Michael Bennett,Sarah Bennett
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Patrick Lawlor
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time765
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.