All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor rewned chef Daniel Orr, simplicity is beauty. In his latest book, FARMfood, Orr features recipes influenced by his Midwestern roots as well as a culinary career which has spanned the globe. European-style dishes-inspired by his time in France, Belgium, Italy, and other locales-are paired with big city flavors culled from years spent as an executive chef in New York City. Add a dash of Caribbean, Indian, Japanese, or Brazilian flavor and you have yourself a plate of real food. Orr includes recipes for breakfast, soups, burgers, sandwiches, snacks, appetizers, suppers, and sweets; sections devoted to sauces and seasonings; beverages and FARMpies, his gourmet pizzas. He advocates the use of honest, wholesome ingredients that are locally and sustainably grown, when possible, and offers tips on wild greens, mushrooms, edible flowers, and create-your-own spice blends. Hor yourself, your community, and your table with FARMfood and take simple pleasure in the true essence and flavor of great food.
- Author BiographyDaniel Orr is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University and chef/owner of FARMbloomington restaurant. He has worked in France's most elite restaurants and been executive chef at New York's famed La Grenouille (earning a 3-star review from The New York Times) and Guastavino's, as well as the CuisinArt Resort & Spa in Anguilla, British West Indies. He is author of Daniel Orr Real Food: Smart & Simple Meals and Menus for Entertaining, creator of Kitchen D'Orr-a line of spice blends, and host of Earth Eats on NPR affiliate station WFIU.
- Author(s)Daniel Orr
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication27/07/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note150 color photos
- Weight1265 g
- Width6452 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.