CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionHere are seven stories, illustrated with colour and black and white drawings, which will appeal to children- either to read themselves or to listen to them being read to them by an adult. Children love stories about animals, especially if there is a mystery involved. These are stories to entertain and delight. From this collection they can choose a favourite: The Serpent of Newcastle Emlyn, in which Rhys and Megan save the town from the dragon. The Faithful Hound, in which the story of Gelert, is told. The Water Horse of Glyn-Nedd - Hywel loves anything to do with horses, but he does t expect the adventure that he and his grandfather have on the way home from the market. The Eagle of Gwernabwy: when the the old eagle decides to find a new wifehe thinks about the Owl of Cwm Cawlwyd, but he needs to find out how old she is - t an easy task The Water Monster and the Long-horned Oxen, in which Sian's singing charms the dangerous Afanc so that the smith and the long -horned oxen move it to a new home far off in the hills. The Stray Cow of Llyn Barfog in which a stray cow from the herd of the Woman of Annwfn comes to the farm and is kept for many years before she returning to its mistress. The Twrch Trwyth - Arthur and his knights hunt the Wild boar acros Ireland, Wales and Cornwall. For schools this collection of new and traditional stories will appeal to children at both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, depending on approaches and themes being developed in the schools.
- Author BiographyHelen Emanuel Davies is a children's book author from Penparcau, Aberystwyth.
- Author(s)Helen Emanuel Davies
- PublisherGomer Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLlandysul
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPont Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width144 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Graham Howells
- Translated byAnne Saer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.