All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning photographers Carol Beckwith and Angela Fisher present an unparalleled collection of 250 photographs, drawn from their work over thirty years, revealing an inclusive look at the people and cultures of Africa. This astounding collection of rare and intimate photographs depicts a lifetime of events and experiences from birth and coming-of-age to marriage and death from every part of Africa. These varied cultural faces are expressed in the rolling eyes and flashing teeth of the Wodaabe charm dancers of Niger, the colourful beaded bodices of the Dinka of Sudan, the striking painted faces of the Karo of Ethiopia, and countless people beaded, draped in beautiful cloth, and veiled to hor a special moment in life.
- Author BiographyCarol Beckwith and Angela Fisher have collaborated on several books including African Ceremonies.Ten years in the making, this definitive work contains nearly 850 full-colour photographs covering the vanishing rituals and custums of tribal African cultures for which the authors received the United Nations Award of Excellence, The London Royal Geographic Society's Kearton Medal, and the French Biarritz Photography Festival's best book of the year.
- Author(s)Angela Fischer,Carol Beckwith
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication06/01/2009
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Weight702 g
- Width157 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.