All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFaces of Osteoporosis was a silver-medal winner at the 16th Annual National Mature Media Awards. This important book documents the stories of people who are living with Osteoporosis and helps you understand the silent and devastating impact of the disease. I hope that you will learn from these brave individuals who share their stories with you. We must educate and empower people through kwledge. Together, I hope we can eliminate osteoporosis as a major health problem. - From the Foreword by Dianne Feinstein, United States Senator Rewned photographer Amelia Davis turns her lens on those living with Osteoporotic disease in her fascinating new book, Faces of Osteoporosis. With this beautifully illustrated work, Ms. Davis communicates the message that Osteoporosis affects both women and men across the life span, is both preventable and treatable and should t be considered part of rmal ageing. In the United States alone there are almost 35 million people living with the disease and that number continues to grow. Here are the inspirational stories of women, men, and even children who live with Osteoporosis. Treatments, therapies and diets are discussed and shared, from the latest advances in prescription medication to the healing power of exercise. The book's beautiful photographs and candid personal stories will have a positive affect on the way people view individuals with Osteoporosis, and serve as a touchstone for those living with this condition. It smashes the stereotype of Osteoporosis as a disease of older women, showing that the disease has myriad faces, t just one.
- Author BiographyAmelia Davis is a native San Franciscan. As a freelance photographer, she has shown her work in fine art galleries, universities, and at medical symposia. Her photographs have been published in literary and art magazines and in textbooks. They deal with life's realities head on, and force the viewer to confront them. Amelia was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1998. Her first book, The First Look, received The Sixteenth Annual Susan Koppelman Award for editing, and was selected by the AAUP Book and Jacket Show as one of the best designed books of 2000. Amelia has been a guest speaker at various fundraising events for Breast Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis and has appeared on numerous TV and radio shows, including PBS's Forum.
- Author(s)Amelia Davis
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width264 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.