All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionFacets of Buddhism is a collection of essays written by one of the pre-eminent Japanese scholars in the fields of Buddhism and comparative religion. The ten essays are loosely linked together by the common themes of dependent co-origination (pratitya-samutpada); of the effect of Madhyamika and Yogacara ideas on Japanese literature and culture; and of the tensions and harmonies amongst different religious traditions and different Buddhist sects. The work provides access to a wide range of Japanese scholarly exchange and opinion, much of which has until w been available only in Japanese; offers a presentation of the different Chinese, Tibetan, and Japanese interpretations of important passages from classical Indian Buddhist texts; and gives a comparison of meditation techniques described by Indian, Chinese and Tibetan writers. Drawing on his experiences during a long and distinguished career as a teacher and scholar, Professor Iida provides insights into the place of women and the feminine principle in Buddhism, the convergence of folk beliefs and philosophical Buddhism in Japan, the rise of the modern Japanese Buddhist sects and, through a comparison of Buddhist, Christian and Sufi-Yogic practices and modern psychology, the difference, similarities and interdependence of the different faiths of humankind.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.