All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionChristians believe that aspect of life is untouched by the dazzling power of Jesus' resurrection. Like the facets of a fine jewel, the various aspects of Christian spirituality each reveal a glimmer of glory and light. In this timely and highly readable book, popular author W. Paul Jones mines his deep kwledge of scripture, history, and tradition, as well as his experience as a husband and father, a Methodist pastor, and w a hermit in the Roman Catholic church to give us a practical handbook of faith and spirituality. Covering topics as diverse as worship and imagination, failure and forgiveness, work and sex, aging and death, Jones reminds us that our lives and the things to which we aspire and with which we struggle find their true perspective when viewed as facets of our life with and in God, grounded in the inner practice of prayer, and expressed in the daily living of that reality.
- Author BiographyW. PAUL JONES served for more than forty years as a United Methodist minister. He also taught at Yale University, Princeton University, and St. Paul School of Theology. He later became a Roman Catholic priest and a Family Brother of the Trappists. He now lives as a hermit in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. He is a regular contributor to numerous popular journals, and is the author of several books, including A Season in the Desert: Making Time Holy.
- Author(s)W. Paul Jones
- PublisherCowley Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/05/2003
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Weight317 g
- Width150 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.