All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Five Elements theory, this practical, fully illustrated guide to performing facial enhancement acupuncture (also kwn as cosmetic acupuncture, facial revitalisation or facial rejuvenation acupuncture) shows in detail the acupuncture points, techniques and equipment used in this procedure. Facial enhancement acupuncture targets points and muscles of the face in order to improve the elasticity of the skin and general overall appearance, as well as addressing constitutional points on the legs, arms and body to balance and harmonise the inner elements. The author clearly explains the rationale behind the needling of each face and neck point, which are shown in colour illustrations. He also discusses the advantages of acupuncture over surgical intervention in dealing with wrinkles and sagging jaw lines, and a chapter is included on discussing treatment with prospective patients, follow up and after care. As well as significantly improving the cosmetic appearance, facial acupuncture also has a strong whole body effect on the health and wellbeing of the person treated, and has a long and distinguished history in Chinese medicine. The book is the perfect introduction for acupuncturists and acupuncture students who want to learn how to incorporate this alternative to surgical procedures into their practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Adkins is a qualified acupuncturist who trained at the CTA Leamington College of Five-Element Acupuncture. He established The Mitchell Hill Clinic in the south west of England and has been practising acupuncture there for over eight years. He is a member of the British Acupuncture Council and has trained acupuncturists in over 30 countries to perform this natural, anti-ageing treatment. As well as lecturing on facial acupuncture both in the UK and worldwide, Paul became a Zita West Affiliated Fertility Acupuncturist in 2008.
- Author(s)Paul Adkins
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note61 colour figures
- Weight553 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.