All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe articles appearing in this geriatrics-focused issue are consistent with the collaborative and translational concepts held by a life course perspective. Each supports interprofessional collaboration and some are either authored or coauthored by interdisciplinary colleagues. Three goals are reflected in these articles: keeping community-dwelling older adults safe, sensible, and secure with solutions that will enable them to stay healthy, wise, and aware. Topics include maintaining physical functions, benefits and consequences of weight-bearing exercise on foot health; cancer prevention; managing cturia's effect on sleep quality and safety; protection from financial exploitation; and providing safe and affordable living environments. Several articles address physical or cognitive challenges that include monitoring medication adherence, threat of anxiety and stigma in dementia, and approaches to managing self-care in the home for persons with dementia. These evidence-based articles address emerging and best practices to support targeted interventions for persons in community-dwelling home settings. They provide a frame-work of person-centered approaches that foster good health in older age, a central tenet of aging in place and the global response to population aging.
- Author(s)Lazelle E. Benefield
- PublisherElsevier - Health Sciences Division
- Date of Publication09/08/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleThe Clinics: Nursing
- Series Part/Volume Number49-2
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier - Health Sciences Division
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.