All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionFacilitators are being called upon to work in international and cross-cultural arenas more than ever before to help groups co-ordinate plans for governance, education and community development. There are also increasingly frequent cases of pandemics that require facilitating multicultural groups such as the Tsunami and HIV/Aids disaster relief. Facilitating Multicultural Groups provides a practical approach for facilitators needing to enhance their skills when working with people from a diverse range of multicultural backgrounds. Based on research and facilitator experiences it takes the facilitator step-by-step through ideas, processes, models and frameworks that are designed to assist with the preparation, facilitation and evaluation of workshops. It advises how to adapt learning materials to suit specific situations and offers techniques to deal with conflict. Complete with additional resources available on a dedicated website including: cultural value cards pack; cultural behaviors card pack; medical insurance advice; glossary of key terms; useful networks; and, country by country background information, this is essential reading for anyone facilitating multicultural groups.
- Author BiographyDr Christine Hogan is a professional facilitator and educator. An International Consultant, her extensive consultancy work in many countries around the world focuses on personal, organizational and community development. Previously, she taught as a Senior Lecturer in Human Resources Development for 13 years at Curtin University in Perth, Western Australia.
- Author(s)Christine Hogan
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight650 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.