All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume synthesizes cutting-edge research on natural processes of resilience and recovery, highlighting implications for trauma treatment and prevention. Prominent experts examine what enables many trauma survivors to heal over time without intervention, as well what causes others to develop long-term psychiatric problems. Identifying key, modifiable risk and resilience factors--such as cognitions and beliefs, avoidance, pain, and social support--the book provides recommendations for when (and when t) to intervene to promote recovery. Illustrative case examples are included. A section on specific populations discusses children, military personnel, and low socioecomic status or marginalized communities.
- Author BiographyLori A. Zoellner, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Psychology and Director of the Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress at the University of Washington. Her research and clinical experience focus on the prevention and treatment of chronic posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), with particular expertise in the area of information processing. Dr. Zoellner has published extensively on PTSD and on its cognitive-behavioral treatment, and has given many workshops for practitioners on the prevention and treatment of chronic PTSD. Norah C. Feeny, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Psychological Sciences and Director of the PTSD Treatment and Research Program at Case Western Reserve University. Her clinical and research interests and over 100 publications focus on the delivery and evaluation of cognitive-behavioral treatments for PTSD, treatment preferences, and treatment processes.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication03/03/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight614 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLori A. Zoellner,Norah C. Feeny
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.