All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps one of the most devastating things you can learn as a parent is that your child has been diagsed with autism. A multifaceted disorder, autism has long baffled parents and professionals alike. At one time, doctors gave parents virtually hope for combating the disorder. But in recent years, new treatments and therapies have demonstrated that improvement is possible. With intensive, early intervention, some children have recovered from autism and have been integrated into school, indistinguishable from their peers. Discover ten things you can do to begin battling your child's autism right w. See why Applied Behavior Analysis has become parents' treatment of choice, and examine its impressive results. Get information on cutting-edge biomedical treatments such as secretin and immutherapy. Learn how dietary intervention can positively impact your child's behavior. Find out what additional therapies can offer - including sensory and auditory integration. Explore loving ways to keep your family together when your world is torn apart. Children with autism do have the possibility to improve greatly, and some even overcome the effects of autism, if appropriate therapies are begun early eugh. Discover the steps you can take today to begin the fight for your child's future in Facing Autism.
- Author BiographyLynn M. Hamilton and her husband, Roger, are the parents of three children. Their son Ryan was diagnosed with autism shortly before his third birthday, and as a result of intensive Applied Behavior Analysis therapy and his parents' efforts to investigate many avenues of treatment, his life has been reclaimed from the confines of autism. Today, Lynn is a speaker who shares her family's experiences with autism. She and Roger have served with the Navigators since 1988. They live with their children in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Author(s)Lynn M. Hamilton
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam USA
- Weight413 g
- Width138 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.