All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of nearly one hundred years, just a handful of NFL teams have enjoyed success across multiple decades. There's absolutely doubt which franchise the fans in Wisconsin would put at the top of the list. Most Packers fans are familiar with the greatest players, games, and moments in team history. But what they don't kw is just what it was like to go up against their favorite team. When opposing clubs prepared to play Vince Lombardi's squad, how did they contend with the one play they knew was coming: the green and gold's formidable power sweep? When the Vikings, Lions, 49ers, and other teams played against the Brett Favre--led Packers, how did they fare against the three-time league MVP? After Favre departed the stage at Lambeau, how did opponents contend with ather MVP quarterback, Aaron Rodgers? In Facing the Green Bay Packers, veteran sportswriter Chuck Carlson takes Packers fans inside the locker rooms, onto the sidelines, and out on the field with opposing players and coaches. Carlson interviews some of the biggest names in the game to get their perspectives on playing against the best teams in Packers history. He covers the most dramatic moments, most intense rivalries, and most unforgettable games from Green Bay's pro football lore--from the other side of the line of scrimmage. Vince Lombardi famously said that teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers is all about. The result was unqualified excellence. This book describes what it was like to play against his Packers teams and others, in the words of players who did just that. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyChuck Carlson has been a writer for more than thirty years, including twelve years covering the Green Bay Packers. He has also written 13 books, including ten on the Packers. He is currently an editor/writer for the Battle Creek Enquirer in Michigan.
- Author(s)Chuck Carlson
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Weight242 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byRon Wolf
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.