All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Chinaski, an outcast, a loner and a hopeless drunk, drifts around America from one dead-end job to ather, from one woman to ather and from one bottle to the next. Uncompromising, gritty, hilarious and confessional in turn, his downward spiral is peppered with black humour. Factotum follows Charles Bukowski's bestselling Post Office , his highly autobiographical first vel. Bukowski's Beat Generation writing reflects his slum upbringing, his succession of menial jobs and his experience of low life urban America. He died in 1994 and is widely ackwledged as one of the most distinctive writers of the last fifty years. Neeli Cherkovski was a close friend of Bukowski and is the author of Hank: The Life of Charles Bukowski (Random House, 1991).
- Author BiographyDuring his lifetime Bukowski published more than forty-five books of poetry and prose including the novels Post Office (1971) and Factotum (1975). He is one of America's most distinctive writers and a voice for both the outsider and low life Americana.
- Author(s)Charles Bukowski
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight128 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- meshuggah_spaz13 Oct, 2016by
Factotum by Charles Bukowski
A really good read. A great story about Henry Chinaski up to his same old antics.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $60.02Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.