All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionFading Contact is a middle-period masterwork by the great Serbo-Croat poet who died suddenly at the height of his powers in July 1996. It marks the watershed between the blazing, vivid imagery of his youthful poetry and the measured, complex verse of his later work. The Mediterranean warmth and light suffuses these poems in which he explores in direct language and with scalpel-sharp aptness of image, the nature of memory, culture - its fragile continuity - and of existence itself.
- Author BiographyIvan V Lalia (1931-96) studied law in Zagreb, where he first began to publish poetry, and worked for the publishers Nolit in Belgrade. He was also a distinguished critic and translator, especially of English poetry. His other books in English with Anvil and Francis R Jones are 'Last Quarter' (1987), 'The Passionate Measure' (European Poetry Translation Prize, 1989) and 'A Rusty Needle' (Poetry Book Society Recommended Translation, 1996).Francis R Jones (b. 1955) lectures in English as a foreign language at the University of Newcastle. His other translations include Hans Faverey's 'Against the Forgetting' (Anvil, 1995) and Vasko Popa's 'Collected Poems' (with the late Anne Pennington, Anvil, 1997).
- Author(s)Ivan V. Lalic
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/11/1997
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight146 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byFrancis R. Jones
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.