All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do we mean by failed states and why is this concept important to study? The failed states literature is important because it aims to understand how state institutions (or lack thereof) impact conflict, crime, coups, terrorism and ecomic performance. In spite of this objective, the failed state literature has t focused eugh on how institutions operate in the developing world. This book unpacks the state, by examining the administrative, security, judicial and political institutions separately. By doing so, the book offers a more comprehensive and clear picture of how the state functions or does t function in the developing world, merging the failed state and institutionalist literatures. Rather than merely describing states in crisis, this book explains how and why different types of institutions deteriorate. Moreover, the book illustrates the impact that institutional decay has on political instability and poverty using examples t only from Africa but from all around the world.
- Author BiographyNatasha M. Ezrow is a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) at the University of Essex, UK, where she serves as the Director of the International Development Studies Program. With Erica Frantz, she co-authored The Politics of Dictatorships (2011) and Dictators and Dictatorships (2011). Erica Frantz is an Assistant Professor at Bridgewater State University in Massachusetts. With Natasha Ezrow, she co-authored The Politics of Dictatorships (2011) and Dictators and Dictatorships (2011). Her work has been presented at the American Political Science Association and the Midwest Political Science Association Conferences.
- Author(s)Erica Frantz,Natasha M. Ezrow
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight647 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.89Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.