All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe growing use of polymer composites is leading to increasing demand for fractographic expertise. Fractography is the study of fracture surface morphologies and it gives an insight into damage and failure mechanisms, underpinning the development of physically-based failure criteria. In composites research it provides a crucial link between predictive models and experimental observations. Finally, it is vital for post-mortem analysis of failed or crashed polymer composite components, the findings of which can be used to optimise future designs. Failure analysis and fractography of polymer composites covers the following topics: methodology and tools for failure analysis; fibre-dominated failures; delamination-dominated failures; fatigue failures; the influence of fibre architecture on failure; types of defect and damage; case studies of failures due to overload and design deficiencies; case studies of failures due to material and manufacturing defects; and case studies of failures due to in-service factors. With its distinguished author, Failure analysis and fractography of polymer composites is a standard reference text for researchers working on damage and failure mechanisms in composites, engineers characterising manufacturing and in-service defects in composite structures, and investigators undertaking post-mortem failure analysis of components. The book is aimed at both academic and industrial users, specifically final year and postgraduate engineering and materials students researching composites and industry designers and engineers in aerospace, civil, marine, power and transport applications.
- Author BiographyDr Emile Greenhalgh works in the Department of Aeronautics at Imperial College London, UK. He is widely renowned for his expertise on the failure mechanics of composite materials.
- Author(s)E. S. Greenhalgh,Emile Greenhalgh
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine49 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.