CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionIf you were diagsed with a crippling chronic illness in the prime of your life and everything that was considered rmal vanished whom would you turn to? The person you would turn to is me, Linda D'Angelo because I have been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for over ten years. The book you would purchase is my book Failure Is Not An Option, Thriving with Rheumatoid Arthritis because my book is the story of a woman who understands her illness and found the courage and strength of character to step up, face her fears and ascertain her desired outcome, thriving with rheumatoid arthritis. Whether you are newly diagsed with this illness or a veteran wondering whether you will ever experience a rmal life again, my advice to you is fight and fight hard because your quality of life and the lives of those close to you are in jeopardy. Life presents you with a number of challenges, these challenges can sometimes be unexpected, undeserved and beyond your control. Therefore it is important to remember that life is never about the challenge itself, it is about you, and how you choose to handle the challenge.
- Author BiographyBy day, Linda is a Sales & Marketing Executive in the oil and gas industry. By night Linda advocates on behalf of people suffering from Arthritis. Diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis at age 31, she felt it necessary to learn all about this illness and contribute by elevating its profile within all levels of government and with the public at large. Linda is a member of The Arthritis Society and resides on both the National and Divisional Board of Directors. Nationally Linda is in the role of Director at Large and divisonally Linda is Chair of the Alberta & Northwest Territories Division. Linda also holds a Director-At-Large role with the Scientific Advisory Committee, a national committee focused on research initiatives for a cure. In 2000, Linda in conjunction with The National Arthritis Society was part of a group of arthritis consumers who created a national grass-roots advocacy organization called the Canadian Arthritis Patience Alliance whom Linda continues to advocate on behalf of today. In 1998, Linda in conjunction with The Alberta & Northwest Territories Division of The Arthritis Society was instrumental in developing a grass-roots advocacy committee called ACT, Arthritis Consumers Team. Still flourishing this committee's mandate is to improve the quality of life for people suffering from arthritis by addressing key issues like new medical treatment and services, the health care shortage, client outreach and support programs and public education and awareness. In 1999 Linda was invited to join the planning committee for Arthritis Rheumatism International and Action Against Arthritis, Taking Charge in the 21st Century held in Edmonton, Alberta. During this same time Linda also travelled to Slovenia with five other national volunteers to represent The Arthritis Society of Canada at a worldwide conference called International League of Arthritis Rheumatism. Linda has been honored with many awards over the last six years for her contribution to The Arthritis Society. A few are noted below: - The Arthritis Society Outstanding Volunteer Award; - The Arthritis Hero Award of Recognition; and - The Queen's Fifth Anniversary Golden Jubilee Medal.
- Author(s)Linda D'Angelo
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.