Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen May loses her mother overseas in Korea, she longer has a family. She takes her husband's family as her new family, even though she's often treated with contempt. May's husband can be tough, but he's a saint compared to his father, Toby, who abuses his wife, Sue, who is seriously ill. May watches helplessly as Toby insults Sue and insists she get around without a walker. At one point, Toby hurts his wife so bad that she winds up in the hospital. May and the rest of the family try to stick up for Sue, but she's match for her husband. His actions, however, are rooted in his own history, beginning as a young man during World War II. Explore how Toby became so flawed, and discover how his family keeps striving to achieve despite his actions in a tale about tragedy and triumph and a Failure to Yield.
- Author(s)Mi Odle
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.