All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionFailures of Agency: Irrational Behavior and Self-Understanding asks, how does the phemen of going against your own judgment relate to the idea that we are rational beings? Annemarie Kalis argues that certain widespread philosophical accounts of free action must conclude that going against your own judgment is necessarily unfree, with wide implications for moral responsibility. Kalis offers insight on whether everyday irrational behavior differs from irrational behavior occurring in the context of psychiatric dysfunction and develops a view on how we should understand ourselves when we do something other than what we judge best.
- Author BiographyAnnemarie Kalis is researcher in philosophy at Utrecht University.
- Author(s)Annemarie Kalis
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.