Failures of Imagination: The Deadliest Threats to Our Homeland--and How to Thwart Them by Michael McCaul (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Homeland Security Committee, a gripping look at the most dangerous and unexpected threats to our national security and the actions needed to protect us. America s inability to foresee the September 11, 2001 attacks was deemed a collective failure of imagination. Our political leaders and intelligence professionals failed to anticipate the wide-ranging and urthodox threats to the nation s security. Nearly a decade and a half later, imaginations in Washington D.C. are still failing. Despite assurances from our leaders that America is safer today than it was before 9/11, the truth is, we are still vulnerable. Congressman MichaelMcCaulhas spent years in Washington watching the Obama administration igre or dangerously underestimate the most pressing threats to the country. Now in Failures of Imagination: The Deadliest Threats to Our Homeland and How to Thwart Them, the sitting chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, who receives daily intelligence about threats materializing against America, depicts in real time the hazards that are closer than we realize. From cyber-warriors who can cripple the Eastern seaboard to radicalized Americans in league with Islamic jihadists to invisible biological warfare, many of the most pressing dangers are the ones we've heard about the least and are doing the least about. In this compelling and action-packed narrative, McCauloutlines realistic scenarios that could inflict more damage on the nation than any attack we ve yet faced. He then explains how our vulnerabilities were created, why our enemies are actively contemplating them, and what we can do to solve them before it s too late. Failures of Imagination offers a call to action for Americans to address these very real and present dangers, and the need for the White House whoever its occupant will be to combat them with the seriousness and urgency they require.
- Author BiographyCongressmanMICHAELMCCAULrepresents the state of Texas as a Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives. Born in 1962 and raised in Dallas, he served in the U.S. Department of Justice for over a decade and was the Chief of Counterterrorism and National Security in the U.S. Attorney's office in Texas. He was elected to Congress in 2005, and then appointed the chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security in 2013. He currently lives with wife Linda and five children in Austin, Texas.
- Author(s)Michael McCaul
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Forum
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.