All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionElderly narrator Harry Langton looks back on the adventures and friends of his youth, transporting the reader to the Scottish Borderlands at the end of the 16th century... The much younger Langton returns to his birthplace to aid an old friend, the brash Adam Fleming, who has fallen for legendary beauty Helen of Annandale. He has also, it seems, fallen foul of a rival for her hand, Robert Bell, a man as violent as he is influential. Fleming confesses to Langton that he fears for his life. In a land where mir lairds vie for power and blood feuds are settled by the sword, Fleming faces a battle to win Helen's hand. By virtue of being the lovers' confidant, Langton is thrust into the middle of this dangerous triangle, and discovers Helen is t so chaste as she is fair. But Langton has his own secrets to keep--and other powers to serve. Someone has ticed Langton's connections to the major players in the Border disputes, and has recruited him in their bid to control the hierarchy of the Border families--someone who would use the lovers as pawns in a game of war. Packed with swordplay, intricate politics, and star-crossed lovers whose actions could change the course of history, Fair Helen is a sumptuous, rousing adventure vel that brings to life one of English poetry's most intriguing heroines.
- Author BiographyAndrew Greig is the author of six acclaimed books of poetry and five novels, including the Saltire-Award winning In Another Light, That Summer, When They Lay Bare, and Romanno Bridge. His non-fiction books include Preferred Lies and At the Loch of the Green Corrie. He lives in Orkney and Edinburgh, with his wife, the novelist Lesley Glaister.
- Author(s)Andrew Greig
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.