Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.21Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Do you believe in fairies? How about high fashion? Enter the exquisite world of fairie fashion - where feathered hats are designed for maximum lift, oak leaf jackets boast ample wing vents, and flower-petal flats are easily removable for flight.</b> In the fairie world, there is only one top designer of couture and accessories . . . Prepare to be enchanted! While humans go about their workaday lives, there is a secret world of well-dressed fairies flitting about in fragile fashions that would take your breath away - if only you could see them. Well, w you can. For the first time ever, elusive fairie couturier Ellwand allows mortals a peek at his ethereal designs in FAIRIE-ALITY, a catalogue so spectacularly crafted it befits a fairie queen herself. Showcased are nearly 150 creations - including dresses, jackets, trousers, shoes, hats, and delicate unmentionables - fashioned wholly from feathers, flower petals, shells, seeds, and other materials from nature. Consider these special features: Extraordinary production elements, including three specially selected paper stocks; metallic inks; fold-out booklets; vellum envelope with removable fashion card; and numerous half-, third-, and quarter-pages, tably to showcase garments for a playful mix & match, offering dozens of outfits to create. Drawings by celebrated fashion illustrator David Downton, capturing the graceful, but rarely glimpsed, fairie attired in Ellwand s designs. Witty and delightfully romantic captions by Eugenie Bird. A breathless narrative by a young fairie guiding us from The Season s start through May Day revelry and a Fairie Tale Wedding. Filled with authentic fairie lore that will lure fairie lovers by the legion, this superbly designed volume also offers many clever ds to human fashion history. Its fun, fanciful costume descriptions will amuse the fashion-savvy everywhere, while the stunning array of fashions themselves - a veritable dress-up dream - will leave readers of all ages spellbound.
- Author BiographyEugenie Bird is a writer who leads a busy life covering the newest developments in the world of fairie HAUTE COUTURE while flying between homes in the Middle West and New England. Her farm is a well-known gathering place of FASHIONISTAS searching for tranquility away from the hurly-burly of New York, London, and European fashion centers. David Downton s renowned and widely published portraits of fashions and super-models, winged and unwinged, have earned him fame in both style circles. In the human milieu, he is considered one of Europe s leading fashion artists, known for interpreting the designs of Dior, Chanel, Valentino, and Lacroix at the haute couture shows in Paris. His illustrations have appeared in such top fashion magazines as VOGUE, ELLE, and MARIE CLAIRE.
- Author(s)Eugenie Bird
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2002
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Notephotos
- Weight1247 g
- Width273 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.