All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of fairness, validity, and accessibility in assessment is greater than ever as testing expands to include more diverse populations, more complex purposes, and more sophisticated techlogies. This book offers a detailed account of fairness in assessment, and illustrates the interplay between assessment and broader changes in education. In 16 chapters written by leading experts, this volume explores the philosophical, technical, and practical questions surrounding fair measurement. Fairness in Educational Assessment and Measurement addresses issues pertaining to the construction, administration, and scoring of tests, the comparison of performance across test takers, grade levels and tests, and the uses of educational test scores. Perfect for researchers and professionals in test development, design, and administration, Fairness in Educational Assessment and Measurement presents a diverse array of perspectives on this topic of enduring interest.
- Author BiographyNeil J. Dorans is in the Center for Statistical and Psychometric Theory and Practice in the Research & Development division at Educational Testing Service, where he has worked since 1979. Recipient of the NCME Career Award in 2010, he has been concerned with fairness for test takers for decades, developing procedures for the quantitative assessment of fairness at both the item and score levels. Linda L. Cook, President of the NCME in 2011-2012, was employed at Educational Testing Service in Princeton, NJ from 1978 until she retired in 2010. While at ETS, she served as Vice President of the Assessment Division and Executive Director of the SAT testing program. Improving the fairness of inferences made from assessments remains a major professional focus for her, particularly in the area of accessibility.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byLinda L. Cook,Neil J. Dorans
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.