All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionFairy Tale Fun teaches young artists to draw a range of favorite, fun, and quirky fabled figures in true cartooning style. Children will love learning how to reinterpret popular fairy tale characters in cartoon form, as well as design their own fantasy characters, all with a colorful, silly touch. Featured sections cover characteristics, expressions, and gestures that make a whimsical, magical cartoon character come to life on the page, as well as creative ideas and techniques for rendering mythical characters in unexpected costumes, disguises, or locations. Projects include widely recognized fairy tale figures and characters from classic stories, fables, and legend, including princesses, fairies, knights, dragons, giants, and more, reinterpreted in a fun, kid-friendly style! Each lesson begins with a simple shape and progresses to a colorful final piece of art, making it easy for budding artists of all skill levels to follow along. Fairy Tale Fun teaches young artists-in-training how to take their drawing skills from enthusiastic doodler to ace cartoonist through a series of engaging, easy-to-follow step-by-step cartooning projects. Along the way, tips and tricks from a professional cartoonist are included to guide their efforts, making this book an experience that is sure to create a new favorite pastime.
- Author BiographyDAVE GARBOT is an experienced illustrator who enjoys working with clients to create fun and engaging images for a variety of projects. Relying on his whimsical imagination, humor, and attention to detail, Dave is often called upon for assignments in children's publishing, advertising, character development, stylish lettering, games, and fun maps. His list of clientele includes Barnes & Noble, Harper Collins, Penguin Press, Scholastic, Klutz Press, Sterling Publishing, Addison Wesley, Parenting Press, Carrabba's Restaurants, Hyatt Hotels, McDonald's, the Tribeca Film Festival, and Arnold Worldwide. A native of Portland, Oregon, Dave currently resides and works in Cleveland, Ohio. www.garbot.com
- Author(s)Dave Garbot
- PublisherWalter Foster Jr.
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Series TitleCartooning for Kids
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Jr.
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.