All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn the late 17th century, French author Charles Perrault helped define the fairy tale genre, transforming what had previously been an oral tradi- tion. This magnificent hardcover reproduces his captivating renditions of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, and ten other childhood favorites. Twenty-four graceful, witty illustrations by Irish art- ist Harry Clarke include full-color, pen-and-ink, and silhouette images. Introduction by art historian Thomas Bodkin. A Calla Edition, originally published by George G. Harrap & Co., Ltd., London, 1922.
- Author BiographyCharles Perrault (1628 1703), a lawyer and member of the French Academy, attained immortality with his 1697 publication of <i>Tales of Mother Goose, </i>a new and skillful treatmentof traditional folklore that served as inspiration for the Brothers Grimm.A leading figure in the Irish Arts and Crafts Movement, Harry Clarke (1889 1931) began his career as an award-winning stained glass artist. In a style that recalls Aubrey Beardsley and Kay Nielsen, heillustrated the works of Hans Christian Andersen, Poe, Goethe, and others.</p>
- Author(s)Charles Perrault,Harry Clarke,Thomas Bodkin
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCalla Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.