All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFaith-Based ACT for Christian Clients balances empirical evidence with theology to give clinicians a deep understanding of t just the why but also the how of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Christian clients. Chapters include a detailed exploration of the overlap between ACT and the Christian faith, case studies, and techniques that are explicitly designed to be accessible to n-Christian as well as Christian (including evangelical Christian) counselors and therapists. Chapters present the established research on mindfulness and ACT, including a nuanced, n-dichotomous view of complex issues such as medication, and lay a firm theological foundation through the use of engaging biblical stories and metaphors.
- Author BiographyJoshua J. Knabb, PsyD, ABPP, is chair of the behavioral sciences department, director of the master's program in counseling psychology, and assistant professor of psychology in the division of online and professional studies at California Baptist University.
- Author(s)Joshua J. Knabb
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.53Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.