All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Martin Heidegger is well kwn for his work on techlogy, he is t often discussed in the context of science broadly speaking. This volume is the first to showcase diverse perspectives on Heidegger's assessments of the sciences, looking at a number of different ways that Heidegger's writings contribute to questions concerning how we understand the world through science. With particular attention to quantum theory, natural science, techscience, and a section devoted specifically to investigating what Being and Time has to say about science, the book will be of interest to scholars in a wide range of disciplines and traditions. It closes with consideration of questions about sustainability and ethics raised by Heidegger's engagement with the sciences.
- Author BiographyCarroll L. L. Miller (1909-2003) was Dean of the Howard University Graduate School. Anne S. Pruitt-Logan is Professor Emerita of Educational Policy and Leadership at The Ohio State University. She is the coauthor (with Jerry G. Gaff and Richard A. Weibl) of Preparing Future Faculty in the Sciences and Mathematics: A Guide for Change and Building the Faculty We Need.
- Author(s)Anne S. Pruitt-Logan,Carroll L. L. Miller
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.