Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $15.51
About this product
- DescriptionA boy risks his life to save some very special children in this fantasy adventure, set amidst the rich backdrop of Renaissance Venice.</b> In Venice in 1487, the secrets of glassblowing are guarded jealously. Renzo, a twelve-year-old laborer in a glassworks, has just a few months to prepare for a test of his abilities, and one to teach him. If he passes, he will qualify as a skilled glassblower. If he fails, he will be expelled from the glassworks. Becoming a glassblower is his murdered father's dying wish for him, and the means of supporting his mother and sister. But Renzo desperately needs ather pair of hands to help him turn the glass as he practices at night. One night he is disturbed by a bird--a small falcon--that seems to belong to a girl hiding in the glassworks. Soon Renzo learns about her and others like her--the bird people, who can communicate with birds and are condemned as witches. He tries to get her to help him and discovers that she comes with baggage: ten hungry bird-kenning children who desperately need his aid. Caught between devotion to his family and his art and protecting a group of outcast children, Renzo struggles for a solution that will keep everyone safe in this atmospheric adventure.
- Author(s)Susan Fletcher
- PublisherMargaret K. McElderry Books
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMargaret K. McElderry Books
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.