All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionSo far: In this series. 'Falconer Blood' - Book 1 Infinite Worlds deals with Dan Falconer of Melbourne - 16 years old - awkward, spineless and bullied. A girl claiming to be his half-sister, already an accomplished traveller between worlds, rescues him from some 'classmates' and takes him to 1720 Jamaica to try to rescue Anne Bonny - about to be hanged. John Falconer, their father, 'adventurer among the worlds', has become Calico Jack Rackham - by taking the name of a nentity who died of the fever and working his way up to pirate leader. However, he has 'gone bad' as a bloodthirsty murderer. The reason for the powers the Falconer adolescents possess - telekinesis and the ability to travel between parallel worlds - is elusive. It is thought to be genetic - in the blood. Dan has secretly fallen in love with is half-sister, Bess, but can't admit this. She regards him with amused contempt for most of this book. Dan kws he has cousins 'down the coast' from Melbourne, but has never met them. In Falconer Vision - Book 2 Infinite Worlds, battle-ready, designer soldiers are being genetically created for terrorists and rogue states. Two adolescents - Dan's 'cousins down the coast' from Apollo Bay develop special powers - after a near-death experience. Skye and Jake are siblings. Both have psychological problems after the sinking of the family yacht and the death of their father. Jake's friend Chook, sidekick, argues constantly with Skye. Amid the psychological fallout, Jake and Skye develop unexplained powers of the mind. By the end of this book, it is becoming obvious that Falconer Blood is t the whole reason for the powers. Rocket, beloved but clumsy Golden Retriever, seems have become far more intelligent and has developed the power to mind- bond with Skye. The plot takes some artistic licence with current research into cosmology, time travel and genetics. According to current research, and also drawing a longish fictional bow, all of the events in these books are theoretically possible. In this book - Falconer Alliance - Book 3 Infinite Worlds, all the Falconers and their friends must try to understand the reason for the powers and try to overcome impossible odds - on two fronts - in this world of the 21st century - and in 1721. They also have to decode and use the information in the 'Falconer Book'. 'Guide the falcons without fears, Conquer pain and conquer tears, Through the worlds and through the years, Through the worlds and through the years. I have the blood, I have the power, Hold back the time, hold back the hour, To seek the lady in the tower, To seek the lady in the tower. Who am I and who are you? Are we one or are we two? The stout of heart are oh so few. May my gaze be ever true. May my gaze be ever true!' The Falconer Book.
- Author BiographyFrank Carrucan is a teacher and lecturer and holds a PhD in Education from Deakin University on Australia's southern coast in the state of Victoria.
- Author(s)Frank Carrucan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.