Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $19.84Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionYoung has always stood out for his sharp humor, boundless poetic energy, and sheer readability. If adventurous poetry can sometimes feel like a tenuous tightrope walk, Young's poems feel more like zip lines. -- The Boston Globe This book reads like a long, breathless thank-you for life's seemingly random jumble of beauty, strangeness, tenderness, and joy. -- Los Angeles Times Fall Higher is a major collection by one of America's most inventive and entertaining writers. In this paperback release, Dean Young's work contends with the challenges of love, wryly cataloging mistakes, deterioration, and broken vows. Young's humor is as sharp as ever, and coupled with a vulnerability that renders Fall Higher his most intimate collection to date. The True Apology Takes Years The true apology takes years.Terrible dry eyes!The tree rings grow closer and closer togetherbut the nail is swallowed.Great heaps of rubble are moved up and down the shore.Finally a dance is performed to complete the forgiveness, stamping out small fires, the whole palladium decorated with thistleslike the last twenty pages of a Victorian vel.Now that your hunger is gone you're welcome to the banquet . . . Dean Young has published twelve books of poetry, including finalists for the Pulitzer Prize and Griffin Award. He has received fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the NEA, as well as an Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He teaches at the University of Texas and lives in Austin, Texas.
- Author BiographyDean Young: Dean Young has published eleven books of poetry, including finalists for the Pulitzer Prize and Griffin Award. He has received fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the NEA, as well as an Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He is the William Livingston Chair of Poetry at the University of Texas.
- Author(s)Dean Young
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.