Fall of the Euro: Reinventing the Eurozone and the Future of Global Investing by Jens Nordvig (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Jens Nordvig - named the number 1 currency strategist in the 2013 Institutional Investor survey. What does the crisis in the Eurozone mean for our markets - and how can you protect your portfolio against crises in Europe? Little has been written about the instability of the Euro, but it's a very real threat to investors worldwide, as well as to the global ecomy. Swings in global asset markets have been increasingly driven by developments in Europe. This is something new: in the past, Europe was one of the most stable parts of the global ecomy, and its typically mir ecomic fluctuations would have little bearing on US equity markets. Now, Europe's ecomic and political developments will be a persistent source of shocks for global financial markets. As an investor, you need a roadmap. This book is that roadmap. The Fall of the Euro describes the Eurozone's unstable equilibrium and explains why a breakup of the Eurozone is still a possibility. Nomura's global head of currency strategy and one of the world's top experts on the Euro, Jens Nordvig gives us a detailed and fascinating explanation of this precarious situation, providing the information, insight, and authoritative analysis you need to make the wisest investment decisions possible. A riveting analysis of one of the most important currencies in the world - certainly the most unstable of the major currencies - The Fall of the Euro covers: the history of the Euro - and how it differs from other global currencies; the problematic origins of the Euro - which is grounded more in politics than ecomics; how politics will affect the next crisis in the Eurozone - and what we can do about it; What-if scenarios of Eurozone breakup possibilities - with insights that will surprise you. The original version of the Euro was t resilient eugh to survive a major crisis. European policymakers are attempting to construct a new version of the currency, but its specific form remains highly uncertain. Will it be a hard currency? Will it be a soft currency? Or will it break up? If the path ahead involves a disorderly breakup of the Eurozone, the instability to come will be much more intense than what we have seen to date. Go beyond the rhetoric of the politicians and the journalists who write about them and get a financial expert's assessment of the real issues at hand. Jens Nordvig explains the state of the Euro's present position in the global ecomy with levels of objectivity and expertise you will find where else. The Fall of the Euro gives you the critical information you need to prepare your investments before the next crisis in the Eurozone - which is, in Nordvig's view, inevitable. Praise for The Fall of the Euro: Nordvig brings a keen insight into markets and ecomics that he ably combines with a brisk, -nsense narrative. This is essential reading for market players, investors, and progsticators of the future of the eurozone. (Richard Clarida, C. Lowell Harriss Professor of Ecomics and International Affairs, Columbia University; Global Strategic Advisor, Pimco). Jens Nordvig's book artfully combines a master ecomist's framework, a seasoned market participant's advice, an historian's far-reaching perspective, and a European citizen's passionate case for an open discussion of the way forward for the world's largest ecomic bloc. (Scott Bessent, Chief Investment Officer, Soros Fund Management LLC). Jens Nordvig was one of the first to analyze the ecomic, legal, and political consequences of the euro splitting asunder. Whether or t you share his pessimismabout the future of the euro project, Nordvig's guide to the crisis is a compelling and essential read. (Gavyn Davies, Chairman of Fulcrum Asset Management LLP, former Goldman Sachs Chief Ecomist). In this bold, highly readable book, Jens Nordvig beautifully highlights the tensions between the politics and the ecomics that are at the heart of the euro crisis. A must read for anyone who car
- Author BiographyJens Nordvig is Managing Director, Head of Fixed Income Research, Americas and Global Head of Currency Strategy at Nomura, the global investment bank. Previously, Nordvig worked as a Currency Strategist for investment management firm Bridgewater Associates, the largest hedge fund in the world. Nordvig was ranked the #1 currency strategist by Institutional Investor in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Author(s)Jens Nordvig
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width223 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.