All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionCompiled with extensive help from previously unavailable documents that have emerged from official Vietnamese archives, and also with the assistance of narratives from dozens of participants and eyewitnesses, this volume reveals that air warfare over Vietnam did t end when the US pulled out of Southeast Asia. On the contrary, in the wake of the US withdrawal, and following the ceasefire in early 1973, North Vietnam redoubled its effort to conquer the southern part of the country. The often disparaged and underestimated South Vietnamese Air Force (VNAF)- at the time claimed to have been the fourth largest air arm in the world - fought a series of ever larger and more mechanized air-land battles under circumstances for which it was neither equipped r designed to operate. This volume details these bitter battles and the final collapse of South Vietnam in unprecedented detail, and always in a dramatic and fascinating fashion. The book reveals the full details of the courage of the VNAF pilots and personnel, but also the sheer terror many of them had to endure.
- Author BiographyMilitary historian and aviation-journalist, Albert Grandolini, was born in France and gained an MA in history from Paris I Sorbonne University. His primary research focus is on contemporary conflicts in general and particularly on the military history of Asia. Having spent his childhood in South Vietnam, the Vietnam War has been one of his main fields of research. He is the author of the books The Fall of the Flying Dragon, South Vietnamese Air Force (1973-1975) with Harpia Publishing and Armor of the Vietnam War: the Asian Forces , Concord Publishing. He is also co-author of the two volumes on Libyan Air Wars with Helion in the Africa@War Series. He had also written numerous articles for various British, French and German magazines, such as Air Enthusiast , Flieger Revue Extra , Fana de l'aviation , Tank Zone and Batailles et Blindes . He has regularly contributed to the Air Combat Information Group (ACIG) and the Au Dela de la Colline military history French Website.
- Author(s)Albert Grandolini
- PublisherHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationHouston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Content Notewith 294 b/w, 117 color pictures, 1 map, and 30 color drawings
- Weight1021 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.