All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the figure of the unchaste woman in a wide range of fiction written between 1835 and 1880; serious vels by Dickens, Mrs. Gaskell, Meredith, and George Eliot; popular vels that provided light reading for middle-class women (including books by Dinah Craik, Rhoda Broughton, and Ouida); sensational fiction; propaganda for social reform; and stories in cheap periodicals such as the Family Herald and the London Journal, which reached a different and far wider audience than either serious or popular vels.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1981
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBowling Green
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBowling Green University Popular Press,US
- Weight499 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.