Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionA highly entertaining, wonderfully colourful story, w revealed to be written by one of our favourite historical velists. The gilded family had been the envy and the pride of England for centuries. Never had the Lazenders seemed more powerful or more wealthy. And never had the unseen means of their destruction seemed so close...Yet the heir to the estate was absent. Toby Lazender worked for the British in Revolutionary France - where he hunted down the men who had murdered the incent girl he loved. It was his sister, Campion, who oversaw the family's affairs at the `little kingdom' of Lazen Castle.But Lazen is, unkwingly, a house under siege. The Fallen Angels - among the most powerful and dangerous men in Europe - are plotting to bring revolution to England. To succeed, they need money, and the Lazender fortune can provide it. The key to the fortune is control of Campion's future. A web of deceit closes around Lazen, drawing Campion ever closer to a subtle trap that has been laid just for her. Her only hope for survival lies with the Gypsy - her brother's broodingly aloof horse-master - a man whose loyalties are at best uncertain.The Fallen Angels is a powerful blend of passion, adventure and intrigue, played out in the shadow of the guillotine and the sunlit splendour of an English estate. It is a worthy successor to A Crowning Mercy, the first chronicle of the Lazender family.
- Author BiographyBernard Cornwell was born in London, raised in Essex and now mostly lives in the USA. He is the author of the Sharpe series; the Arthurian series, the Worlord Chronicles; the Starbuck Chronicles, on the American Civil War; Stonehenge; and the Grail Quest series.
- Author(s)Bernard Cornwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication24/11/2004
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight250 g
- Width112 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.