Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grace and Love of a Unique Child ... While most boys were playing baseball, riding bikes, and joyfully exploring the world, David's greatest challenge was simply breathing. He was born with a genetic disease, cystic fibrosis, that would cause him great suffering and end his life prematurely. But Falling Out of Heaven is t the story of a tragic loss: it is a memoir of the extraordinary light that David brought to the world during his brief sojourn here, and how his parents came to understand him better through his amazing talent for drawing. Just like Picchio, David wanted to be a real boy with a rmal childhood. That would never happen for him, but his God-given gift allowed him to express his thoughts, his feelings, and his hopes for this life and the life to come. Through his pictures, his family came to understand how David viewed life, and how he dealt with his own mortality. Written by David's mother, Falling Out of Heaven confronts the heartbreaking reality of loving a terminally ill child in the late 1970s, when there were few resources to guide the families of dying children. It is the story of Christians of all deminations sharing their wisdom and grace with David's family. It is the story of David's mother struggling to find compassionate and truthful answers to her son's most difficult questions, such as How am I going to get to Heaven? But most of all, it is a tribute to David's spirit, showcased in his lumius drawings, and finally shared with the world. Let David and his story touch your heart, and show you the triumph of the human spirit, and the wisdom that a child's soul can teach.
- Author BiographyDale Link is the mother of two children with cystic fibrosis. She is a registered nurse and a Christian, whose faith has helped to sustain her during her journey through some of life's greatest physical and spiritual challenges. Dale enjoys sewing for disadvantaged children of all ages, within her community and beyond. She and her husband of fifty years live in Winston Salem, NC. They have two grown sons, Michael and Patrick.
- Author(s)Dale Link
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.