Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Antiquity itself has been intensively researched, together with its reception, to date this has largely happened in a compartmentalized fashion. This series presents for the first time an interdisciplinary contextualization of the productive acquisitions and transformations of the arts and sciences of Antiquity in the slow process of the European societies constructing a scientific system and their own cultural identity, a process which started in the Middle Ages and has continued up to the Modern Age. The series is a product of work in the Collaborative Research Centre Transformations of Antiquity and the August Boeckh Centre of Antiquity at the Humboldt University of Berlin. Their individual projects examine transformational processes on three levels in particular ‒ the constitutive function of Antiquity in the formation of the European kwledge society, the role of Antiquity in the genesis of modern cultural identities and self-constructions, and the forms of reception in art, literature, translation and media.
- Author BiographySascha Kansteiner, Winckelmann-Institut and Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin, Germany.
- Publisherde Gruyter
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTransformationen Der Antike
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprintde Gruyter
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Edited bySascha Kansteiner
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.