All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe studies in this volume deal with problems of authoritarianism and anti-Semitism. Lowenthal's book length contribution, Prophets of Deceit, which begins this collection, is a classic of political psychology. This research study is followed by an essay, Terror's Atomization of Man. Lowenthal uses this material for a theory of the psychological mechanisms operative under terrorist conditions and their significance for contemporary society.
- Author BiographyLeo Lowenthal (1900-1993) was a sociologist known for his association with the Frankfurt School. After migrating to the United States, he held various positions, including research director for Voice of America, the Stanford Center for the Advanced Study of the Behavior Sciences, and finally settled in the Department of Sociology at the University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Author(s)Leo Lowenthal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCommunication in Society Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.