All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionFalse Graining Techniques introduces you to the unique craft of grain painting, the decorative technique of imitating wood grain on furniture, accessories and other objects. With this book, you can try your hand - literally - at making beautiful designs with such tools as corncobs, rubber combs, foam brushes and even your own fingers. The authors provide all of the information you need to get started, with handy tips on tools, materials and techniques. Six easy projects show how to transform plain surfaces into textured and stylised veneers. Step-by-step photos cover all the details necessary to achieve artistic painting effects. A colourful gallery of finished pieces will inspire you with expressive modern variations of this invative technique.
- Author BiographyBeth Oberholtzer is a graphic designer, illustrator and photographer from Lancaster, Pa. The daughter of a Lancaster County farmer whose Mennonite ancestors crossed the Atlantic in 1727, Beth greatly admires Pennsylvania German handcrafts, vintage textiles, and works of art and utility made from repurposed materials. Although she has designed hundreds of books, this is the second she has coauthored.
- Author(s)Beth Oberholtzer
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Weight195 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.