All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating research, theory, and applications, Families & Change: Coping With Stressful Events and Transitions, Fifth Edition offers students an in-depth understanding of family change. Each chapter of this bestselling text presents the latest scholarship from leaders in the field on family change and stressors as well as resources for intervention. Timely topics such as resiliency, LGBT families, and military families are addressed.
- Author BiographyChristine A. Price is an Associate Professor and Coordinator for the Gerontology Program in the Department of Family and Child Studies at Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey. Her primary area of teaching is family gerontology and her scholarly interests emphasize the transitional adjustment and psychosocial experiences of retired women. Her work has been published in several scholarly journals including The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, the Journal of Women and Aging, Family Relations, and The Journal of Ethnographic and Qualitative Research. She earned her Master's and PhD in Child and Family Development and Graduate Certificate in Gerontology from The University of Georgia. Kevin Ray Bush is Associate Dean, Professor of Family Studies and Social Work, and co-director of the Doris Bergen Center for Human Development, Learning and Technology at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. His research interests focus on child and adolescent development in the contexts of family, school, community and culture. He has examined the relationships between parents, teachers, and child and adolescent development within diverse US and international samples. Dr. Bush is also interested in program evaluation, and has conducted evaluations of school, agency and home based child and family intervention programs. Dr. Bush has a Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Arizona State University and a PhD in Human Development and Family Relations from The Ohio State University. Sharon J. Price is Professor Emerita and former Head of the Department of Child and Family Development at the University of Georgia. She has published extensively in professional journals and coauthored or coedited several books. She won several teaching awards including the Osborne Award, presented by the National Council on Family Relations, and the highest honor for teaching at the University of Georgia, the Josiah Meigs Award. She was active in several professional organizations, serving in many capacities, including President of the National Council on Family Relations, and is a Fellow in NCFR. She earned her PhD from Iowa State University.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/02/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight680 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited bySharon J. Price
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.