All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version Families, Schools, and Communities: Building Partnerships for Educating Children, 6/e is a comprehensive, practical guide to establishing collaboration with families and the larger community that focuses on making the learning experience more productive and more positive for all concerned. It gives school teachers, child care teachers, and other professionals the understanding and tools they need to work with family and community members to give children a rich education. This new edition helps students to develop a firm understanding of the context of children's and their families' lives, includes a number of outstanding pedagogical features designed to ensure teaching and learning success, and addresses and highlights areas of critical importance in education today. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyPatricia Scully has worked in the field of early childhood education in a variety of roles for over 40 years. In addition to teaching in child-care and elementary school settings, she has worked as a child-care center director and as education director of several non-profit agencies. She is currently an associate professor at the University of Maryland Baltimore County where she directs the early childhood program. Her areas of expertise include early literacy, relaxation and stress reduction for children and teachers, and parent and community involvement in education. Chandler Barbour is a retired professor of Education from Towson University now living on an island off the coast of Maine. He worked as a teacher and administrator in elementary schools and universities over a period of 42 years. He is co-author of three different books on teacher and school partnerships. Hilary Roberts-King lives in Baltimore, Maryland and has been an elementary school teacher for over ten years. She is also an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland Baltimore County and Pacific Oaks College where she has developed and taught courses in math processes in early childhood education, early literacy, and child development. Currently she is president of the board of directors for the non-profit Downtown Baltimore Child Care and teaches first grade in a Title I school.
- Author(s)Chandler H Barbour,Hilary Roberts-King,Patricia Scully
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width201 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book
- Edition Statement6th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.