All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn from the work of award-winning Freedmen and Southern Society Project at the University of Maryland, Families and Freedom tells the story of the remaking of the black family during the tumultuous years of the Civil War era. Through the dramatic and moving letters and testimony of freed slaves, the documents in Families and Freedom provide deep insight into the most intimate aspects of the transformation of slaves to free people. This book is the sequel to the 1994 Lincoln Prize winner Free at Last.
- Author Biography<b>Ira Berlin</b> and <b>Leslie S. Rowland</b>, editors of <i>Free at Last</i> (The New Press), teach history at the University of Maryland. They are former and present directors, respectively, of the Freedmen and Southern Society Project, which is compiling a multivolume documentary history of the transition from slavery to freedom.
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication30/01/1998
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Note36 illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byIra Berlin,Leslie S. Rowland
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.