All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFamilies of Adults with Autism is a collection of real-life stories of people on the autism spectrum growing up, as told by their parents and siblings. The individual accounts explore the challenges that families of people with autism have faced, and the techniques they have used to improve the quality of their children's lives, from mega-doses of vitamins and dietary changes to intensive interaction. The contributors also relate how they have worked with their children or siblings to help them to function at their highest possible level, be it showing an awareness of their environment, holding down a full-time job in a local store, competing in the Special Olympics, or achieving international recognition as an artist. This book will offer practical and heartwarming advice to families who are affected by autism spectrum disorders, and provide insights for professionals working with people with ASDs.
- Author BiographyJane Johnson is Co-Managing Director of the Board of Directors of Thoughtful House Center for Children in Austin, Texas, and a member of the Board of Directors of the Autism Research Institute. She is the co-author, with Bryan Jepson, M.D., of Changing the Course of Autism: A Scientific Approach for Parents and Physicians. She lives in New York City with her husband and three children. Anne Van Rensselaer has worked as a freelance editor and as a book packager with Jane Lahr Enterprises in New York, and has also worked for 25 years with alcoholics in recovery. Her true calling in life was to be a grandmother of three.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight281 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnne Van Rensselaer,Jane Botsford Johnson
- Foreword byStephen Edelson,Stephen M. Edelson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.