Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionFamily Caregiving explores one of the most precious and fulfilling gifts of love that can be given to a family member or a friend-and also one of the most difficult tasks to undertake. The difficulty increases in magnitude because many family caregivers have formal medical training other than basic first aid. In most cases, all of their medical kwledge has come from their own life experiences with personal illnesses, accidents, and medications. In Family Caregiving, author Brett Lewis shares his insights and the bounty of information that he learned acting as a family caregiver for both his father and his close friend. He explains that even though caregiving is stressful, being prepared and kwledgeable can reduce stress levels and better position a family member for caregiving success. A caregiver should have a thorough understanding of the patient's personal and family medical history, current symptoms, and medical conditions. It is critical to learn how to interact effectively with medical personnel; to become familiar with hospital/rehabilitation center processes and protocols; and to learn about basic medical termilogy, equipment, and procedures. By sharing candid, real-world experiences-including his mistakes-Lewis provides a step-by-step guide that can enable the family caregiver to better navigate the journey of caregiving.
- Author(s)Brett H Lewis
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.