All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionMany of the challenges faced by family-owned businesses develop after the firm has reached a stage of maturity, when the first generation is faced with issues concerning the role of their children in the business and the long-term future of the enterprise. This collection of case studies from around the world demonstrates how governance of both the business and the family (or lack thereof) impacts succession of leadership in the firm and the inheritance of ownership and wealth. It is the role of governance and how it impacts both family and firm that link these family business cases together with succession and inheritance. These topics have been clustered together because the social systems of the family and the management system of the firm have significant impacts on the success, or failure, of succession plans. All the planning in the world for succession and inheritance will t succeed if the firm does t have a well established and functional governance system. Likewise, if the family does t understand its role in the governance of the firm and the mechanisms for making sound decisions, succession choices may t be accepted by family members. Most family firms fail because of succession issues, t ecomic ones. This volume features nine in-depth cases of family-owned business from a variety of industries to illuminate the dynamics of governance, succession, and inheritance. Each case illustrates the complexity of issues and, through interactive exercises and questions, offers readers approaches to solutions, which may include less-than-optimal compromises or even selling the business as the only viable option. The examples and insights will prove valuable for students and members of entrepreneurial and family-owned firms, as well as consultants, investors, and other professional advisors.
- Author(s)Alan L. Carsrud,Malin E. Brannback
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Business
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight219 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.