Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionFamily life in areas of concentrated poverty and social problems is undermined by surrounding conditions. This timely book, by acclaimed author Anne Power and her team, is based on a unique longitudinal study of over 200 families interviewed annually over the last decade. It examines the initiatives introduced to help such families and the impacts on them, their future prospects and the implications for policy. Accessibly written and with clear data presentation, the book will have wide appeal to people who work with, live in and care about families, children and low-income areas.
- Author BiographyHelen Willmot completed a Sociology Ph.D at Leeds University in 2001 and then a postdoctoral Research Fellowship with Edinburgh University. She worked as a researcher in the Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion at LSE from 2003-06 and now works in the charity sector. Rosemary Davidson is currently a Research Fellow at the Policy Studies Institute. She has post doctoral experience in the fields of social policy, psychology and public health, with research interests in social status, resilience, group processes and qualitative research methods. Anne Power is Professor of Social Policy at the London School of Economics and Head of LSE Housing and Communities, a research group based within the Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion. She is author of many books, reports and articles on housing, cities, environmental problems and low-income communities.
- Author(s)Anne Power,Helen Willmot,Rosemary Davidson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.