Family Health and First Aid: From Treating Cuts, Sprains and Bandaging in an Emergency to Making Decisions on Headaches, Fevers and Rashes: Plus All You Need to Know About the Long-term Health and Fitness of Your Family by Pippa Keech, Stephen Shepherd, Peter Fermie (Paperback, 2011)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes information from treating cuts, sprains and bandaging in an emergency to making decisions on headaches, fevers and rashes: plus all you need to kw about the long-term health and fitness of your family. This title is packed with over 1100 photographs, artworks, diagrams and illustrations, all in colour, specially commissioned to teach essential first-aid techniques and to show symptoms clearly. It provides information on how to cope and care in an emergency - from splints, simple bandages and slings to resuscitation and life-saving technique, all shown step-by-step. It tackles the health issues that will affect your family all the way through their lives. It provides quick-reference boxes that identify the most obvious symptoms of an illness, while the text analyses possible diagses and appropriate responses. The first half of the book is packed with a wide range of information on every aspect of first aid and life saving, with special sections on babies and toddlers; outdoor safety and travel; and, planning a safe and secure home. Informative flow charts, symptom lists and warning boxes are featured, and background information explains how to stay healthy and prevent accidents. In the second half of the book hundreds of medical conditions are examined, discussed and diagsed. Practical and jargon-free advice is given on every type of illness, from everyday complaints such as colds, headaches and fatigue, through to serious conditions including strokes, kidney stones and Parkinson's Disease.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Fermie MA, MB, BS, MRCGP, DCH, DRCOG is an impressively qualified family doctor. His particular fields of interest are sports medicine, exercise, addictive behaviour, children's health and palliative care. Dr Pippa Keech MB, ChB, MRCGP is a family and hospital doctor with particular experience in emergency medicine. She is also a regular contributor to a variety of publications. Dr Stephen Shepherd MB, ChB, MRCGP includes surgery, emergency medicine, primary health care and circulatory issues among his main areas of expertise. A practising family doctor, he has also written numerous health articles.
- Author(s)Peter Fermie,Pippa Keech,Stephen Shepherd
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 1100 colour photographs
- Weight1266 g
- Width171 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.