All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlacing key judgments and expert commentary at your fingertips, Family Law: Text, Cases, and Materials presents everything the undergraduate student needs in one volume. Drawing on their extensive experience, the authors offer a detailed and authoritative exposition of family law illustrated by materials carefully selected from a wide range of sources. The book has two principal aims: to provide readers with a thorough understanding of the law relating to the family, and to do so in a way that stimulates critical reflection on that law. Readers are encouraged to consider how and why the law has developed as it has, what policies it is seeking to pursue, whether it achieves the right balance between the rights and interests of individual family members and the wider public interest, and how it operates in practice. Online Resource Centre The text is supported by a substantial Online Resource Centre, which features regular updates on the law, further reading suggestions, and questions to prompt reflection on the material to accompany each chapter, plus a range of supplementary material on selected topics.
- Author BiographySonia Harris-Short is Honorary Professor of Law and Policy, University of Birmingham and the former Head of CEPLER. Joanna Miles is University Senior Lecturer in Law and Fellow of Trinity College, University of Cambridge. Her research interests within the field focus particularly on the legal regulation of adult relationships, family property law, and financial remedies on relationship breakdown. Rob George is Lecturer in Law at University College London and a barrister at Harcourt Chambers. His research interests within the field focus on family disputes involving children, particularly cases between separated parents and those with an international element.
- Author(s)Joanna Miles,Rob George,Sonia Harris-Short
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleText, Cases and Materials
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1668 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.