All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- Description220 pages with 53 total maps Locating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Barry County, Michigan, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 2951 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 29 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1830s1931 1840s232 1850s762 1860s15 1870s5 1880s1 1890s2 1910s3 What Cities and Towns are in Barry County, Michigan (and in this book)? Assyria, Banfield, Bowens Mill, Carlton, Cedar Creek, Circle Pine Center, Coats Grove, Cressey, Delton, Doster, Dowling, Freeport, Hastings, Hickory Corners, Irving, Lacey, Middleville, Morgan, Nashville, Orangeville, Parmelee, Podunk, Prairieville, Qumby, Schultz, Stony Point, Turners Corner, Vickery Landing, Welcome Corner, Woodbury, Woodland, Woodlawn Beach
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.