All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $15.91
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionLocating original landowners in maps has never been an easy task-until w. This volume in the Family Maps series contains newly created maps of original landowners (patent maps) in what is w Bibb County, Alabama, gleaned from the indexes of the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it offers much more than that. For each township in the county, there are two additional maps accompanying the patent map: a road map and a map showing waterways, railroads, and both modern and many historical city-centers and cemeteries. Included are indexes to help you locate what you are looking for, whether you kw a person's name, a last name, a place-name, or a cemetery. The combination of maps and indexes are designed to aid researchers of American history or genealogy to explore frontier neighborhoods, examine family migrations, locate hard-to-find cemeteries and towns, as well as locate land based on legal descriptions found in old documents or deeds. The patent-maps are essentially plat maps but instead of depicting owners for a particular year, these maps show original landowners, matter when the transfer from the federal government was completed. Dates of patents typically begin near the time of statehood and run into the early 1900s. 298 pages with 77 total maps What's Mapped in this book (that you'll t likely find elsewhere) . . . 5058 Parcels of Land (with original landowner names and patent-dates labeled in the relevant map) 81 Cemeteries plus . . . Roads, and existing Rivers, Creeks, Streams, Railroads, and Small-towns (including some historical), etc. What YEARS are these maps for? Here are the counts for parcels of land mapped, by the decade in which the corresponding land patents were issued: DecadeParcel-count 1820s273 1830s1695 1840s364 1850s1388 1860s467 1870s10 1880s467 1890s305 1900s51 1910s36 1920s1 What Cities and Towns are in Bibb County, Alabama (and in this book)? Abercrombie, Academy Park, Active, Antioch, Ashby, Banks, Belchers, Belle Ellen, Bibb Mill, Bibbville, Blockton Junc, Blocton (historical), Brent, Brierfield, Bucktown (historical), Burmah (historical), Cane Creek (historical), Centreville, Choctaw Hills, Colear, Corinne (historical), Cox, Duff Settlement, East Centreville, East Town, Eddings Town, Egypt (historical), Eoline, Fairdale, Fikestown (historical), Flat Top, Garnsey, Garnsey Number 2, Gary Springs, Giles, Goodson, Gray Hill, Green Pond, Harmon, Harrisburg, Hawkinsville (historical), Hebron, Ingate, Italian Town, Jamesville, Johnstown, Lawley, Little Hope, Lowerytown, Lucille, Marvel, Masena, Maud, McCulley, McCulley Creek, McGrawtown, Mertz, Moffat, Nash Town (historical), Nichols (historical), North Bibb, Oakley, Peotaw (historical), Piper, Pleasant Hill, Pondville, Primitive Ridge, Randolph, Red Eagle, Richtown, Sand Mountain, Scottsville, Seymour, Shawtown, Sixmile, Smith Hill, Spencer, Stacks Hill (historical), Stewart Settlement, Tabernacle, Thomas Mill, Trio, Tucker, Verntown, Vick, West Blocton, West Centreville, Woodstock, Woodstock Junction, Zulu
- Author(s)Gregory a Boyd J D
- PublisherArphax Publishing Co.
- Date of Publication10/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArphax Publishing Co.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.